HOT HONEY & BLACK PEPPER GLAZED CHICKEN THIGHS w/ SOFT POLENTA
6 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
2 T Olive oil
1 large shallot, minced
2 T thyme, finely chopped
1/2 cup sherry vinegar
1/4 cup Bee Local Hot Honey
1/4 cup Bee Local Willamette Honey
2 T coarsely cracked black pepper
1 T unsalted butter
1/2 cup ap flour for dredging
1. Preheat oven to 375 with a rack in the middle position.
2. Get a cast iron skillet or large sauté pan on medium heat with the olive oil.
3. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off any excess.
4. Sear chicken skin side down until deep golden brown, about 4 minutes.
5. Flip chicken and cook on the flesh side for another three or four minutes. Remove the chicken to a shallow baking dish and place in the oven, reserve the pan. Roast chicken for about 20 minutes or until it reaches an internal temp of 165.
6. While the chicken is roasting, make the sauce. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of the fat and put back on medium heat.
7. Add shallots, thyme, stirring for 1-2 minutes until the shallots just begin to color.
8. Add vinegar and simmer for 1-2 minutes using a spatula to loosen any brown bits from the pan. Add both honeys and cracked black peppercorns.
9. Simmer for 8-10 minutes until the sauce is reduced by half.
10. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.
11. Serve polenta on the side.
1 cup medium coarse corn meal
4 cups whole milk
2 T unsalted butter
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Bring 4 cups of whole milk to a gentle boil in a medium sauce pan.
2. Slowly whisk in the cornmeal and stir constantly until it thickens.
3. Cook over low heat and stir frequently for 20-30 minutes. Add more milk or water if it starts to thicken too much.
4. Add butter, parmesan cheese and salt and pepper.
5. Set aside, covered in a warm spot.